1. Work no longer feels like it solely consumes your life. You wake up to light and there's hours of light beyond working hours so you can enjoy life to its fullest.
2. People are happier. Enough said.
3. No more layers! After months of carrying jackets and scarves merely to take them off inside you can now wear your flip flops (I really want to say thongs!), leave the jumper at home and throw on your sunnies.
4. The weather is glorious! There is nothing like summer in the northern hemisphere. London is particularly beautiful- flowers are blooming, the Royal Parks are stunning and the most amount of fun, park fun, is free!
5. Everyone's keen to socialise and there's a huge array of events to sink your teeth into. Your calendar ends up booked to the brim with fun!
6. You can exercise without freezing your toosh off and you have more time or at least that's what your brain think that's to those rays of sunshine.
7. Flowers. They are in bloom and can be smelt from afar, easily brightening anyone's day.
8. Icecream. Need I say more.
9. Swimming! You can now dorn your togs (swimsuit, yes I am from Queensland) and loll about in the ocean, swimming pool or take lovely trips to the beach. My favourite UK spots are Cornwall and Broadstairs. In Australia you can't skip Rainbow Beach, Lennox Heads and Byron Bay.
10. It's pamper season. Therefore it's perfectly acceptable to get a pedicure, manicure, every wax under the sun, a new haircut, new clothing and feel fresh. After all it's not just about pampering your protecting your fellow Londoners from seeing your manky feet right? That's what you'll tell your budget anyway! Lap it up until your winter boots steal your pedi prowess.
There you have it only 10 of the best parts of Summer. It is a truly magnificent season; it's a major reason why I love London because right now is when London comes alive in all its glory. Enjoy it lovelies! As an Australian I am going to soak up every second of it, make sure you do! Winter will come soon enough so make the most of every blissful second!
Till next time...