I don't know about you but I enjoy cooking. Sometimes I'm not so good at it, other times I am pleased with what I create. A recipe has steps to succeed if only you follow them, but I'm a freelancer at heart so whilst I think method assists I love how the mind can take me to create something magic.
Today I share with you something I felt turned out perfect & it was a combination of method and madness; attempting to push the cooking envelope by inventing something free hand. Meet...
Sun dried tomato chicken wrapped in prosciutto on a bed of honey poached pears
- 500 grams of chicken thigh fillets
-1 jar Sun dried tomato pesto
-4 Bosch pears
-2 T butter
-2.5 T honey (natural)
-toothpicks (for securing the chicken)
-paprika for sprinkling
-extra virgin olive oil
1. Fillet your thigh fillets (if you can just lay them flat as they are).
3. Cover in paprika & fry in hot pan. Remove once cooked (PS for this time I forgot to do it, but it still tastes fine).
5. Wrap prosciutto around chicken. Secure with toothpicks (necessary for a good look) and fry till brown. Once cooked cut into smaller pieces.
6. Place pears on honey sauce. Place cooked chicken on top of pears & bake at 180 degrees for 40 minutes.
7. Sprinkle basil on top & let it sit for a few minutes (if you forget this step it doesn't matter, I have cooked it with and without, it adds an extra punch but its not a disaster if you forget it!).
8. Dish up and enjoy!