Friday 19 April 2013

A recipe for success

I don't know about you but I enjoy cooking. Sometimes I'm not so good at it, other times I am pleased with what I create. A recipe has steps to succeed if only you follow them, but I'm a freelancer at heart so whilst I think method assists I love how the mind can take me to create something magic.

Today I share with you something I felt turned out perfect & it was a combination of method and madness; attempting to push the cooking envelope by inventing something free hand. Meet...


Sun dried tomato chicken wrapped in prosciutto on a bed of honey poached pears

You'll need:
- 500 grams of chicken thigh fillets
-1 jar Sun dried tomato pesto
-4 Bosch pears
-2 T butter
-2.5 T honey (natural)
-100g prosciutto
-toothpicks (for securing the chicken)
-paprika for sprinkling
-basil
-extra virgin olive oil

Method
1. Fillet your thigh fillets (if you can just lay them flat as they are).

2. Stuff your thighs with the pesto and roll up. You may want to secure with tooth picks.



3. Cover in paprika & fry in hot pan. Remove once cooked (PS for this time I forgot to do it, but it still tastes fine).

4. Place honey and butter in a oven proof dish (I used a lasagne dish). Cook in already preheated oven for 5 minutes on 180 degrees. Remove when melted.




5. Wrap prosciutto around chicken. Secure with toothpicks (necessary for a good look) and fry till brown. Once cooked cut into smaller pieces.

 



6. Place pears on honey sauce. Place cooked chicken on top of pears & bake at 180 degrees for 40 minutes.


7. Sprinkle basil on top & let it sit for a few minutes (if you forget this step it doesn't matter, I have cooked it with and without, it adds an extra punch but its not a disaster if you forget it!).

8. Dish up and enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment