List. List. List. We do it all the time, but do we ever list the things that make us feel truly at peace. Here I have compiled a list of 10 things to lift your spirits, that have been tried and tested & I encourage you to also give them a go & let me know how you feel!
1. Hang out with a pet- a dog is the best. Just walk, throw a stick, talk to them if you like. Pay attention to their mannerisms. NOTE: A happy dog vs a grumpy barky companion is best for this.
2. Sing loud and proud- who cares who is listening, its not their spirit your trying to lift its your own.
3. DO something for someone that you DO NOT know. It's amazing how great it makes you feel when you walk outside your zone to help someone else, it could be little things like giving a tissue to a stranger with a sniffle. See Random Acts of Kindness post for ideas if your stuck.
4. Let your legs hang free. Sit on a swing or a bridge somewhere high, sit quietly and let your legs dangle. You are immediately transported to your childhood, plus the feeling gives you an immediate sense of freedom.
5. Buy yourself some flowers (yes men, you too!) and have them on clear display in your office or your room. Colour makes ALL the difference.
6. Jump on to Spotify and listen to Soul tracks there's some classic tracks there to get bopping to and their lyrics are predominantly clean.
7. Do something brave/insanely stupid for 20 seconds. Its only 20 seconds out of your life and you never know what positive effects you could have on others and yourself.
8. Exercise. Yeh I talk about it a lot, but why would I talk about it if it wasn't my life. I live it.
10. Be spontaneous. I LOVE this...being spontaneous awakens your senses so much, it gives you excitement, makes you feel free and in control of the chance of new possibilities. Its even better if you know someone who is typically NOT spontaneous- give them a 'no get out' card so they have to be spontaneous, the reward/outcome is twice as good.
11. Now..I know I said 10 but this is more so an extension of 10...get off the beaten track. Everyone has been to the popular places. Boring. Get brave, go different places, try different things and even just drive somewhere and see where you end up when you go (just take enough fuel)- it feels great. Worst case scenario you end up on a highway, its dark as and you end up having a superb conversation whilst checking out some awesome tawny mouth owls (true story).